Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe Chocolate pecan pie is a luxurious and delicious sweet that is suitable for any occasion. Chocolate chips melt while the pie bakes, bringing rich, chocolatey flavour to every mouthful. Traditional pecan pie is sometimes too sweet, but this recipe combines cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips to offset the corn syrup, sugar and maple syrup.
For a savoury touch, flaky sea salt is sprinkled on top. It is a traditional pecan pie recipe enhanced with melted chocolate. It comes together fast and requires minimal preparation time, and it may be cooked from scratch or using a pre-made crust. It is also a recipe that children will appreciate
A delicious chocolate pecan pie making it ideal for chocolate lovers over the holidays
- 1 Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe:- History and introduction
- 2 Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- 2.1 Equipment
- 2.2 Ingredients
- 2.3 Instructions
- 2.4 Notes
- 2.5 Chocolate Pecan Pie: Crust instructions
- 2.5.1 Pecans Pie Arrangements
- 2.5.2 Can I substitute the pecans with a different type of nut?
- 2.5.3 How long does it take to bake a Chocolate Pecan Pie?
- 2.5.4 Can I make the pie crust from scratch or should I use a pre-made crust?
- 2.5.5 Can I freeze Chocolate Pecan Pie?
- 2.5.6 Can I use unsweetened cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate in the filling?
- 2.5.7 How can I prevent the pie crust from becoming soggy?
- 2.5.8 Can I reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe?
- 2.5.9 What can I do if my pie filling is too runny?
- 2.5.10 Can I add other ingredients, like coconut or caramel, to the Chocolate Pecan Pie?
- 2.5.11 How do I know when the pie is done baking?
- 2.5.12 Can I make the pie in advance and refrigerate it overnight?
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe:- History and introduction
Chocolate pecan pie is a late 19th century delicacy prepared with Caramel syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and nuts. It’s simple to create without corn syrup and has a lovely appearance. Pecan pie, chocolate fudge, melting brownies and bubbling chocolate pudding are all combined in this Chocolate Pecan Pie. It contains a silky and creamy chocolate molten filling with roasted almonds, and it can be seasoned with bourbon if desired. This pie will enhance the concluding minutes of the Blessing feast.
Pecan pie is frequently cooked in a traditional pie crust, and its popularity has spread across the country. Bourbon, scotch, crushed coconut, and chocolate are some of the variations. The traditional chocolate pecan pie from Karo syrup’s makers contains Karo syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla essence, and nuts. Karo syrup can be replaced with brown sugar or molasses, and other recipes allow for bourbon, rum, or scotch.
During the late 15th century, when the Aztecs consumed it, chocolate has been utilized in chocolate pecan pie. It was taken back to Spain by the Spanish, who enhanced it with sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. In the mid-nineteenth century, milk chocolate was created in Switzerland. The pecan tree is our continent’s only native nut tree, and the word “pecan” is derived from a Native American phrase and the first pecan pie recipe was reported in 1925.
Pecan pie is a Native American creation from North America. It gets its name from the French word pacane, which is derived from an Algonquian word that means “nut.” The earliest pecan pie recipes appeared in Texas cookbooks in the 1870s and 1880s, and the pie gained popularity in the mid-1920s when the maker of chocolate syrup began printing a recipe on cans of the product.
Pecan pie is often baked in a regular pie crust, with milk and raisins added on occasion (around the turn of the 20th century). Today, the majority of pecan pie recipes employ the Karo syrup formula. Harvesting of pecans begins in late September and continues until November, making it excellent for holiday creation.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe background
The Chocolate-Pecan Pie is a regular pecan pie with melting chocolate chips and a topping that is ideal for Thanks treats and throughout the season. Pecan pie, chocolate fudge, melting brownies and cooking chocolate pudding are the ingredients used to make this chocolate pecan pie. It boasts a rich, creamy, molten chocolate filling with toasted almonds for the perfect crunch and optional bourbon taste. Traditional pecan pies get a richness and depth boost from bourbon, and eating this pie will make Thanksgiving meal more enjoyable
. For a glossy finish, chocolate ganache is poured over top. Unsweetened cocoa powder can be used for melted chocolate, but the right amount must be used to achieve the required flavour and consistency.
The most crucial aspects are to add other ingredients, such coconut or caramel, to a Chocolate Pecan Pie. Before serving, you can drizzle caramel over the pie’s top and sprinkle coconut on top or incorporate it into the filling. Try out different combinations in modest doses or stick to a tried-and-true formula to ensure the harmony of flavour.
The most crucial aspects are to add other ingredients, such coconut or caramel to a Chocolate Pecan Pie. Before serving, you can drizzle caramel over the pie’s top and sprinkle coconut on top or incorporate it into the filling. Try out different combinations in modest doses or stick to a tried-and-true formula to ensure the harmony of flavour.
A chocolate pecan pie recipe may have its sugar content reduced in one of two ways: either by adding a sugar substitute like monk fruit, erythritol, or xylitol or by decreasing the granulated sugar to 1/3 cup and leaving the dark brown sugar alone. Before baking, taste the filling and make any necessary adjustments to the other ingredients. The final texture and flavour of the pie may change if the sugar is reduced.
Basic Ingredients of chocolate pecan pie
This wonderful chocolate pecan pie recipe requires light corn syrup, sugar, margarine, eggs, salt, semisweet chocolate chips, pecan halves and pie crust. You also need a top-rated recipe for butter flaky pie crust or a store-bought pie crust.
How to make chocolate pecan pie?
In a mixing dish, combine the corn syrup, sugar, margarine, eggs, and salt. Once combined, add the pecans and chocolate chips. Before serving, let the pie cool after baking in a preheated oven until the filling is set.
How to make this recipe ahead of time?
You can prepare this chocolate pecan pie ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for up to four days. It may be baked in the oven at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) or served cold.
How can be freeze this recipe?
This pie freezes well, so wrap it in a
Aluminum foil and storage wrap, mark it with the date, and store it in the freezer for up to three months. In the refrigerator, defrost.
Nutrition and calories
Nutrition Facts as per serving: Calories: 736 | Fat: 39g | Carbs: 92g | protein: 8g | Sat Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 402mg| Dietary Fiber: 2g | Total Sugars: 28g | Vitamin C: 0mg| Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg| Potassium: 100mg|
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- Mixing Bowls:
- Whisk or electric mixer:
- Rolling Pin
- 9-inch pie dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Aluminum foil
- Baking weights or dried beans (for blind baking)
- Cooling Rack:
- 3 Big Eggs
- ⅔ cup melted margarine
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 9 inches unbaked pie crust
- Initially, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
- In a mixing bowl, add the corn syrup, sugar, melted margarine, eggs, and salt
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the ingredients together until smooth
- Add pecans and chocolate chips and stir. Fill pie crust with the ingredients
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the mixture is set
- Allow to fully cool before serving
- Cooked 200°F pie should have a consistency that is just set but still somewhat wobbly in the center. The crust and pecans should be roasted and browned.
- The pie may be prepared up to a day in advance, chilled, covered, and kept for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Chocolate Pecan Pie: Crust instructions
Either a handmade crust or a store-bought crust can be used to make a chocolate pecan pie. Both approaches follow the same steps
Gather the crust materials, combine the flour, salt, and sugar, add the cold butter cubes, gradually stir in the ice water, divide the dough into two equal parts, form each section into a disc, and chill the dough for at least one hour
Roll one disc into a circle slightly larger than the pie pan, cut any excess dough hanging over the edges, and press the rolled-out dough onto the bottom and sides of the pie pan. If you’re making a double-crust pie, either continue with the filling stage or roll out the second dough disc.
- The most crucial aspects of producing a handmade pie crust include using cold ingredients, working quickly and softly, chilling the dough before spreading it out, properly defrosting a frozen crust, blind baking it before adding the filling, and crimping the borders. Enjoy making and eating your chocolate pecan pie.
- Making your own pie crust is time-consuming and messy, but Utilising a pre-made crust is simple and quick. Use cold ingredients, work quickly and softly, chill the dough before spreading it out, and completely thaw it before using it to make a handmade crust. When using a frozen crust, thaw it completely before using it, blind bake it before adding the filling, and crimp the crust’s edges.
Before filling, soften store-bought pie crust, unroll it, push it into the pan, and crimp or adorn it. After you’ve finished the crust, you may go on to the chocolate pecan pie filling recipe and baking instructions
- To create the chocolate pecan pie filling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), then pour the mixture into a pie crust and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- To prepare a pie crust filling, mix together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, melted butter, whisky, and salt.
- To ensure a great chocolate pecan pie, add extra nuts, freeze the pie, bake longer, thicken the filling with cornflour and cold water, use a thermometer to test the pie’s internal temperature, and use an instant-read thermometer.
- The pie crust from getting soggy are Blind baking, pre-baked crust, leaving an inch between filling and crust, using a flour-based, corn-starch-based barrier, baking on a hot baking sheet, letting the pie cool completely before slicing and serving are the key components for preventing pie crust from getting soggy.
Additional Tips: For a richer taste, dark chocolate and bourbon are Utilised. To prepare the pie ahead of time, bake according to package directions, cool, cover in plastic wrap, and chill for up to 24 hours
Chocolate pecan pie is a delicious treat that many people like, especially during the holidays.
- Enhancing appearance, chocolate quality, filling ratios, cooking times, pan type, meringue colour, and chocolate quality.
- Choose bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate bits with a proportion more than 50% to improve chocolate quality.
- Reduce the amount of corn syrup in the filling ratios and replace it with water for a lighter filling.
- Cooking times and temperatures can be reduced by baking only until the mixture begins to set.
Emphasise how the chocolate is used in the Pecan Pie.
- To discover the ideal crust for your recipe, try graham cracker crumb crust, Oreo cookie crust, or classic pie pastry dough.
- Chocolate, whether melted, cocoa powder, or chips, is added to improve the flavour and texture of the pecan pie.
- Chocolate pecan pie may be created with a variety of chocolates, including cocoa powder, white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, cooled chocolate, Pillsbury’s, Cafe Delites and Food & Wine’s.
Pecans Pie Arrangements
The most crucial feature is that there are several ways to place nuts on top of a chocolate pecan pie for a visually appealing look
- When decorating a chocolate pecan pie, arrange the nuts in a lattice design, spiral pattern, starburst pattern, free-form pattern, or free-form pattern.
- A single pecan is placed in the heart of the pie, then rows of horizontal and vertical pecans alternate for the spiral design.
- For the starburst pattern, a single pecan is placed in the centre of the pie, and rows of both horizontal and vertical pecans alternate.
- To make a visually stunning display, employ a range of nut sizes and shapes. The arrangement of the pecans may make or break a gorgeous and tasty chocolate pecan pie.
Additional Tips: The most crucial suggestions are Blind bake the pie dough before adding the filling, bake until the filling is set and golden brown, then cool before slicing and serving. With a little planning and effort, you can create a beautiful and appetising chocolate pecan pie
How to baking???
Prepare the heat in the oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the pie crust and filling together for 40-50 minutes. To check for doneness, shake the pie pan and insert a toothpick or thin knife into the centre. To set the filling, cool the pie for 2 hours on a wire rack before serving.
- A chocolate pecan pie requires a sharp knife to cut the pecans into uniform pieces. If using a pre-made pie crust, blind bake it before adding the filling. Bake the pie until the filling is set and the pecans are golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before slicing and serving. With a little planning and effort, you can create a beautiful and delicious chocolate pecan pie that will impress your guests.
- The most essential things to look for in a chocolate pecan pie recipe are that the centre is set but still little jiggly, the crust is golden brown, and the pecans are golden brown.
- A toothpick can be used to test whether the pie is done baking. If the toothpick comes out clean, the pie is done baking; if it comes out wet, the pie has to bake for a few minutes more.
- Avoid to pitfalls while baking: Maintain a close watch on it, protect the edges with aluminium foil or a pie crust shield, use high-quality chocolate, cool completely before cutting, serve at room temperature or slightly warmed, and review individual recipes for alterations or additional instructions.
Serve the pie on a clean white plate with a table runner, a combination of accessories, basic garnishes, humorous touches, Personalised remarks, and seasonal decorating
- To give the pie a rustic feel, place it on top of a table runner with subdued designs or seasonal prints.
- Use festive placemats, napkins, cutlery, or ceramics that fit the occasion’s or table decor’s theme.
- Serving with fresh mint leaves or other herbs can be placed next to the piece of pie as simple garnishes.
- Use little paper flags or flag picks that read “Eat More Pie” or witty puns.
- Personalized Share additional fascinating context to the dish, as well as any quick notes on the materials used or specific moments where the pie flourished.
- For a discreet Christmas decoration, add sprigs of rosemary or pine needles to the pie.
Highlights for serving with chocolate pecan pie recipe
• Traditional Method • Table Runner • Accessories can be combined and matched • Decorative Accents • Seasonal Decoration
Can I substitute the pecans with a different type of nut?
Yes, to keep the overall flavour of the pie, other nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, and macadamia nuts can be substituted for the pecans in the Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe. Walnuts and pecans have a similar texture and flavour, but hazelnuts offer a rich and nutty flavour.
How long does it take to bake a Chocolate Pecan Pie?
The cooking time is 2 hours and 10 minutes, and there is no looking inside the oven. The pie’s top should be mainly solid, with a few air pockets near the centre. Following these rules to avoid premature cooling and improve caramelization
Can I make the pie crust from scratch or should I use a pre-made crust?
Yes, making a pie crust from scratch allows you greater control over the ingredients and flavour, whereas using a pre-made crust necessitates thawing, blind baking, and crimping
Can I freeze Chocolate Pecan Pie?
· Yes, Chocolate pecan pie may be frozen for up to 3 months if chilled and covered in plastic wrap and aluminium foil.
· Place the pie in the freezer overnight and store it in a plastic container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
· Allow the pie to defrost slowly at room temperature or cook it in the microwave. Remove the pie from the freezer ahead of time and serve!
Can I use unsweetened cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate in the filling?
Yes, unsweetened cocoa powder can be used in the filling of chocolate pecan pie to offer a deep chocolate flavor without overwhelming the sweetness of the other ingredients.
How can I prevent the pie crust from becoming soggy?
The preventing the pie crust from getting soggy are blind bake the crust, or use a pre-baked crust, leaving an inch of gap between layers, using a flour-based or corn flour barrier, baking on a hot baking sheet, and cooling before serving
Can I reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe?
Granulated sugar can be decreased in a chocolate pecan pie recipe or replaced with another sweetener
What can I do if my pie filling is too runny?
The key components of a wonderful chocolate pecan pie include thickening the filling, continuing to bake it for a longer period of time, chilling it, and including additional nuts
Can I add other ingredients, like coconut or caramel, to the Chocolate Pecan Pie?
Yes, the flavour of a Chocolate Pecan Pie may be improved by using other ingredients, and wonderful varieties like coconut or caramel can be made.
Before serving, you can drizzle caramel over the pie’s top and sprinkle coconut on top or incorporate it into the filling
How do I know when the pie is done baking?
To make the nuts for a chocolate pecan pie into uniform pieces, a sharp knife is required. A pre-made pie crust should be blind baked before the filling is added, baked for 30 minutes, and then allowed to cool before slicing and serving
Can I make the pie in advance and refrigerate it overnight?
Yes, the chocolate pecan pie can be made and stored ahead of time by creating the pie dough, covering it in plastic wrap, and keeping it in the refrigerator. The pie then has to be assembled, baked, and cooled before serving